Thursday, September 26, 2013

Update on Rich Collier! - - as of September 23rd.

Richard writes this: "The PET scan in March was unable to detect the cancer that had been seen in my liver and my lungs in earlier scans.  So they took me off of infused chemo and put me on oral chemo, and they radiated my left hip.  In July, they did another PET scan to check up on things.

They found that the cancer had come back with a vengeance in my liver and my lungs, and had spread to new places in my liver and my lungs, as well as to my right hip, my neck, and my shoulders.  They radiated my right hip, my neck, and my shoulders for two weeks, then put me back on heavy-duty infused chemo.

An MRI two weeks ago shows cancer in my lower spine as well.  So far, my reaction to the resumed treatments is a cut or two worse than how I felt prior to March.  And lately I have been having pain from the waste down, which they have been unable to find the cause of.

But other than all this, everything is just ducky! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers."

Folks - feel free to drop Rich a note of encouragement:
rcollier@collierlaw.net
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment